We have received a lot of enthusiastic responses from you guys ever since we announced Manga Rock 2. In today’s post, we will answer some of the most popular questions raised by you guys.
When will Manga Rock 2 be available?
The app will be on store Wednesday May 9, 2012.
Is Manga Rock 2 an update or a new app?
MR2 is going to be a completely new app. We put everything we have learnt from all the existing Manga Rock apps into making Manga Rock 2 the best manga reading experience we can.
Why is it a new app instead of an update to existing apps?
This is a very difficult decision that we have to go through for Manga Rock 2. Some of you may say that we’re greedy and want to make more money off of users who have already supported us before. Let’s clear this up:
One of the questions that we have always received was “Why are there 3 MR apps? Which one do I download?”. The problem with fragmentations makes it’s difficult for us to support and update the app in a timely manner.
Another roadblock for us when we want to update an (or all) existing Manga Rock apps into Manga Rock 2: it was written almost 2 years ago. The iOS development toolkit has changed significantly since. It’s difficult as is to introduce any new features, and it is not possible to update existing Manga Rock apps without causing you to lose all of your data. We (or you) don’t want that to happen at all.
After careful consideration, we think that having one completely new, universal MR2 app is the best solution.
What will happen to all existing MR apps?
As we mentioned above, we want to solve the problem with having too many Manga Rock apps on the App Store. We’re happy with the quality of Manga Rock 2 and we want it to be the de-facto manga app for you. For existing Manga Rock apps, here’s what we’ll do:
- The last update for all existing Manga Rock apps will come out soon.
- All three apps will be taken off the App Store one month after the launch of Manga Rock 2.
- Even though you can no longer re-download existing Manga Rock apps, you will still be able to use the one you have. That means you will still receive new updates of manga and download them. We will keep our back-end servers up to support you guy for as long as anybody’s still wishing to use the first generation of Manga Rock.
Will I lose all my downloads and favorites?
Since MR2′s going to be a new and separate app, you will retain all of your current Downloaded and Favorited manga.
Which devices do MR2 support?
- It’s a universal app.
- Work on the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
- iOS version 4.3 and above.
What is MR2′s pricing?
- Free to download.
- All features are available right from the start.
- Download one whole manga serie for free.
- Ads-supported in viewer.
- Remove ads & get unlimited download at $3.99 (unlock only once for both iPhone and iPad).
- 3-day launch sales for our existing users to get the In-App Purchase at only $0.99.
We hope we have make it clearer for you guys before downloading MR2 when it launches. Find out What’s New in Manga Rock 2? Feel free to leave a comment if you have any additional questions. Otherwise, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and update.